Friday, August 20, 2010

Sad truth about events and I...

   Hi, Today I’ve been request to write about a concert, an exhibition or a sport event.
   Well, truth be told. I haven’t actually attended any concert, exhibition or even an sport event , I mean of course I have been in lots of museums and I have listened musicians playing in live, but I’ve never went to a proper concert or the exhibition of some exited and postmodernist artist in an art gallery.
   The thing is, big crowds make me sick, so loud music in a stadium full of people is not my way of enjoying music, plus I never have enough money for it and someone to go with (It’s pretty lame I know it, insert Beck’s “Loser” song if you like) . However, I hear that next year Sir Paul McCartney is going to do a concert in Chile, so I was thinking in putting my soul on sale in order to get the money XD.
   About sport events I must say I hate sport, at least the kind of sports events that are popular in this country, like football. Although I wouldn’t mind attending other sort of sports events, like a marathon, or ever practicing myself… now I remember that about three years ago I went to see my older brother run the k10 marathon, but it was an amateur event. I don’t really remember where it was and when, but I do know it was really fun and the reason I went was because…well, my brother was in it.
   In the art exhibition matter, as I said it before, I’ve never attended a proper one, but once I worked in the opening of a design house, serving wine to people. It wasn’t the cool bohemian place that I was expecting, it seemed to me that the people were more into wine than anything else. Anyway, this took place in July of this year, don’t remember exactly when, but the design house is in a well know street of Santiago (Esmeralda it's the name). The reason I went to it was because I needed the money, beside I wanted to get some experience of working in a cultural event.

Well that all, Good bye to whoever read this.

4 comments:

  1. Berny, I liked to put in my thought the song of Beck following your suggestion, I laugh a lot!
    I think you've lost so much fun without going to any concert. You must go!
    bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. bernardita someday if i win the lotto... you'll come with me to a concert, for now you're absolutely invited to the inauguration of my expo =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mary and Danyta for your concern about my lack of experience in concert. It's a real shame I know it, also I'm very much aware of all those great times of fun I have missed.
    But I must say that I forgot, or maybe understimate, my experienced in exhibitions, cause now I think about it, maybe I should have spoken of the time I went to see the exhibition of the Terracotta army or something like that.
    Thanks Dany for invited me to your expoxition, I'm really looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, maybe we'll meet in the concert of the
    great, te omnipotent Sir Paul.
    I hope to get the money too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete